Category Archives: Meetings

AGM Agenda – 2019

AGM AGENDA 2019

1.                                 PRESENT

2.                                 APOLOGIES

3.                                 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

4.                                 MATTERS ARISING

5.                                 ROSEDALE ROAD REPORT                    

6.                                 BULL MEADOW REPORT

7.                                 TREASURER’S REPORT

                                    Break/Raffle

8.                                 USE OF WATER ON SITE

9.                                 CHAIRMANS’S REPORT

10.                               ELECTION OF COMMITTEE

11.                               COST PER ROD/MEMBERSHIP

12                                PLOT 4N    

13                               MOST IMPROVED PLOT AWARD

14                              VEG. COMP. 1-3 FINEST ABOVE, 1-3 FINEST BELOW

                       Next  AGM  – FRIDAY 11TH OCTOBER 2019.

Meeting – September 2019

MEETING SEPTEMBER 2019

PRESENT:

C. Collins, A. Collins, B. Childs, C. Cheeseman, R.Pearce, K. Pearce, J. Guerrera, D. Brown, E. Stevens, L. Dartnell, A. Davison, C. Davison, J. Record, S. Record, A. Osborn, C. Robertson, P. Williams, J. Williams

APOLOGIES:

A. Klecha, S. Cheeseman, S. Carter.

MATTERS ARISING:

BBQ was enjoyed by all who attended. Open Day was a big success, £350 was raised for funds. Thanks to everyone who helped with flyers, delicious cakes and help on the day.

Outing to Deal went very well, weather was not too bad either.

Tap on Rosedale will be moved after 1st October when the water is turned off.

ROSEDALE ROAD REPORT:

If you have borrowed wheelbarrows from Rosedale, can you please return them to the main entrance, thank you. Alan will look into purchasing 3 new ones. 

Delivery of manure is due at the end of September. The last lot contained oat/barley seeds which are sprouting up all over the site, please pull these up before they start to seed.

Suggestion for tyres/pots to be put around plants at Boscombe end garden and poison applied around them as weeds are continually growing there (after spring bulbs have come through)

BULL MEADOW REPORT:

Polite e-mail to be sent to plots holder regarding overgrown allotment. Chris will order a combination lock to replace the one that went missing from the gate.

Two vacant plots.

MEMBERSHIP:

8 on waiting list.

TREASURER’S REPORT: 

Balance £4,532.76 (raffle raised £14.50 – thanks to the two Clives)

Books have been audited – thank you to Craig Gibson.

A.O.B:

Subs must be paid by AGM October 11th or there will be £10 added to your invoice. TASG had a stall at the Orsett Show, thanks to Clive R and Elaine S for attending on our behalf.

Suggestion of an additional open day end of June next year and a banner to be placed at Boscombe Entrance, also mention of Boscombe entrance on flyer.

Veggie competition at AGM: Best 1-3 (same) above ground.  Best 1-3 (same) below ground. Scrap will be moved from both sites by Alan next week

NEXT MEETING AGM Friday 11th October 8 p.m. Tyrells Hall Club. All welcome.

Meeting – June 2019

MEETING JUNE 2019

Present:

B. Childs, A. Collins, C. Collins, A. Davison, C. Davison, E. Stevens, L. Dartnell, D. Smith, K. Fisher,G. Ashurst, G. Nicholson, S. Cheeseman, C. Cheeseman, E. Henry, B. Henry, J. Guerrero, R. Cherry, M. Cherry, A. Klecha, A. Osborn, D. Osborn, C. Robertson, K. Walsh, S. Maloney, L. Roast.

Apologies:

None

Matters Arising:

Flyers have been printed for the Open Day – Saturday 17th August. Clive and several volunteers will deliver them the week before. Any spare produce/ home made cakes and help would be appreciated on the day 10 – 1 p.m. Andrew has posters from the NSALG.

Please consider our neighbours if you have to have a SMALL bonfire. Do not burn green stuff as this causes lots of smoke. One plot holder has been evicted due to non-cultivation, it was decided that if plots are not worked that we will be more strict to avoid them being handed over in un-workable states. An exisiting plot holder has shown an interest, and it was decided that he will be offered it rent free for the remainder of the year, but if it is not cleared by October, they will not be offered the plot permanently.

Our annual BBQ is next Saturday June 22nd, with a short work party before hand as Alan and a few others have done most of the work! 4p.m. for the work party, 5 p.m. for the BBQ. Bring some food to cook and some drink, families and friends welcome.

Rosedale Road Report:

Bark has been delivered from Thurrock Council, there is more in the pipeline (which may be used to cover the end plot at the field end of site.  Alan and Stuart are going to move a tap that is sticking out onto the main pathway.

When new tenants take on a plot, if they have not worked the allotment by the 10 week period as per their agreement, they will not be allowed to carry on and the plot will be re-let.

Bull Meadow Report:

SOMEONE HAS DUMPED WEED ENCRUSTED MEMBRANE ON SITE, ALSO A BUILDERS BAG IN THE RED BIN  Please dispose of your own rubbish off-site and do not expect others to do this for you.

Also, only SCRAP METAL is to be put on the pile, nothing else. 

Manure on site.

Membership:

7 names on the waiting list

Treasurer’s Report:

Balance £4152.78. (Gro organic paid for)

Raffle raised £24 (thanks Sheild/Clive)

A.O.B:

The outing to Deal has been booked Saturday 7th September £17.50 pp. Leaving Chadwell Club at 9.20 and the Oaks at 9.30. There could possibly be 2 tickets spare. Will let you know.

Our sites will be entered in the Thurrock in Bloom contest, if anyone would like to enter their individual plot, see Clive Robertson. TASG are having a stall at the Orsett Show and are looking for volunteers to man/woman it

Competition at AGM October 1-3 best above ground, 1-3 best below (same type)

NEXT MEETING:  FRIDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER

Meeting – May 2019

MEETING MAY 2019

Present:

L. Dartnell, A. Collins, C. Collins, S. Carter, G. Nicholson, S. Cheeseman, C. Cheeseman, E. Stevens, D. Smith, J. Guerrero, A. Osborn, A. Klecha.

Apologies:

B. Childs, K. Walsh, C. Robertson, E. Henry, S. Maloney, L. Roast.

Matters Arising:

Outing to Deal Food and Drink Festival £17.50 (non-refundable unless tickets can be re-sold) Pick up from Chadwell Club and The Oaks. Approx 9.30 – return 4.30. If you are interested, please let me know and I will book it if i get the numbers. (Payment as soon as trip confirmed please)

Andrew will drop more paving slabs to both sites.

Rosedale Road Report:

Manure on site, no chippings. Emails/letters were sent to plot holders with neglected plots. Two replied that they will be working them soon, no reply from the third, he will have a letter hand posted to say that if we have not heard within two weeks it will be presumed he no longer wants the plot.

Please do not dump your weeds anywhereon the site – they should be composted or burned when they are dry.

We have had complaints regarding a bonfire on a bank holiday Monday. This caused a lot of smoke during the day. Please be considerate towards neighbouring houses and other plot holders and do not burn fresh weeds as this causes the smoke. After 6 p.m. is the best time if you have to have a bonfire.

Any spare veggie plants can be left on plot 4N by the shed for planting and selling to raise funds on our open day.

Bull Meadow Report:

All plots worked. Sewer leakage reported to water board. Manure due to be delivered on Monday. Chippings needed. Vince Offord will be handing papers to Sheila regarding the old nursery site. Why?

Membership: 8 names on waiting list.

All plots worked. Sewer leakage reported to water board. Manure due to be delivered on Monday. Chippings needed. Vince Offord will be handing papers to Sheila regarding the old nursery site. Why?

Membership: 8 names on waiting list.

Treasurer’s Report:

£4,513.05 balance.  Raffle raised £13

A.O.B:

Saturday 17TH AugustT. 10-1 p.m. Donations of produce, cakes and help will be appreciated.

BBQ Saturday 22ND June – Work party beforehand to clear weeds from Boscombe end

Come and work up an appetite! Bring some food to cook and something to drink.

Alan will strim Dave Brown’s plot as he is still “off sick”

Gro-Organic should be delivered next week still £6 per bag See Alan of Clive R.

Site inspections will be carried out during June. Please keep your plot cultivated or you risk eviction.

VEGGIE COMPETITION AT AGM. 1-3(SAME) BEST ABOVE AND 1-3(SAME) BEST BELOW

NEXT MEETING FRIDAY 14TH JUNE 8 P.M. TYRELLS HALL.

Meeting – April 2019

MEETING APRIL 2019

Present:

C. Robertson, A. Collins, C. Collins, G. Nicholson, L. Dartnell, E. Stevens, D. Brown, J. Guerrero,  E. Henry, B. Henry, B. Childs, S. Cheeseman, C. Cheeseman, A. Osborn, D. Osborn, A. Klecha, P. Williams, Mrs. Williams,

Apologies:

K. Walsh, L. Roast.

Matters Arising: 

None

Rosedale Road Report:

Manure on site, paid for from scrap money. Council contacted Andrew regarding rubbish from the site being dumped over the cemetery wall, thanks to all who helped to clear this and to Andrew for taking it to the tip. PLEASE NOTE: Anyone caught throwing rubbish from the site over the cemetery or onto the field will be immediately evicted.

There are two scaffold poles available on plot 33N. See Bob Childs.

There are some seed potatoes (Desiree) under the shelter if anyone needs some – help yourself. The water has been turned on.

One plot holder is to be evicted for non-cultivation and after receiving no reply to phone call/letters.

Bull Meadow Report:

All plots worked.

Chippings and manure needed.

Andy and his friend finished the roadway with scalpings. Invoice will be around £120.

Water has been turned on.

Membership:

8 names on the waiting list.

Treasurer’s Report:

Balance £4,576.65. 

Raffle raised £16 (Thanks to Sheila & Clive)

A.O.B:

The new Council person in charge of Allotments is Mr. Ali. Our lease from the Council runs out in December 2022. Need to contact council during that year.

To enter the site/plot into Thurrock in Bloom please contact Clive Robertson.

ATA will be having a promotional stall at the Orsett Show, more details nearer the time.

Do not make your sheds too comfortable: an illegal immigrant was caught living in one at Stanford. (No sofas and easy chairs)

Our open day will be Saturday August 17th, donations of produce/cakes/help appreciated.

Flyers needed – will look into pricing.

Possible coach trip to either Deal Food & Drink Festival or Canterbury Food & Drink Festival 28th September. More info at the next meeting.

BBQ  will be on Saturday 22nd June.

Andrew will be dropping off some used paving slabs on both sites for member’s use.

NEXT MEETING FRIDAY MAY 10TH TYRELLS HALL CLUB 8 P.M. ALL WELCOME.

Meeting – February 2019

MEETING FEBRUARY 2019

Present:

A.Klecha, L.Dartnell, G.Ashurst, K.Fisher, C.Robertson, K.Walsh, E.Henry, B.Henry, R.Cherry, M.Cherry, G.Nicholson, E.Stevens, M.Barnes, D.Smith, C.Cheeseman, S.Cheeseman.

Apologies:

J.Guerrero, A.Collins, C.Collins, D.Brown.

Matters Arising:

Folding tables-Russell has some that could be borrowed. But Clive R said this summer will be looking to do a sale of produce every couple of weeks so will still look into buying something. Russell also said he could make one from pallets.

Trees in the cemetery have been cut back where they were hanging over the allotments. The council may have to do some more work next year.

Clive R spoke to Martin at the garden centre regarding giving a talk. Hopefully will be able to attend in March but will not know until nearer the time.

Rosedale Road Report:

Work party will go ahead Sunday 17th February 10-12. There was a unanimous vote that Alan will provide Bacon Rolls, which will be paid for from funds!

Manure at Car Park end, no chippings. No manure or chippings at the other end. 

Grass cutter may need new blades, but Andrew said they could possibly be sharpened. Clive R is looking into this.

Plot at end next to field is now vacant but will not re-let as difficult to work. Discussions around how to use- clear and cover with membrane/plant trees/woodchip/seating area/grow potatoes/use for bonfires. 

Bull Meadow Report:

Have manure, wood chips gone down.

Steve’s plot being worked.

Andrew cut down an Ash tree on one plot.

Work Party will be Sunday 24th February 10-12.

Scalpings needed for front end of drive.

Discussion around clearing old nursery site, some people may be able to help. Andrew said a digger couldn’t be used due to sewer pipes running across the area. It is registered as a Nature Reserve, few years left to run. Russell will speak to lease holder.

Membership:

There are 6 names on the waiting list and no vacant plots.

Treasurer’s Report:

Balance as at 31.1.19 is £4533.19.

Insurance was paid in January- £314.84, plus Donation of £50 to Tyrells Hall for use of room.

Income from Gro-Organic £20, Rent £18. Raffle raised £15.16, thanks to Sheila

A.O.B:

Tony Briggs had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago, blockage found and stent fitted. Now home and doing well.

Chris and Vic Pellerini have now moved away after 28years on the allotment, and were also founder members of the Association. It was agreed to send card and flowers, Sheila to arrange.

Sad news that P.Singh from Bull Meadow died a few weeks ago.

If Martin is able to attend our next meeting, perhaps thought could be given to questions to ask him on the night.

Meeting – January 2019

MEETING JANUARY 2019

PRESENT:

L. Dartnell, A. Collins, C. Collins, S. Cheeseman, J. Record, E. Stevens, E. Henry, D. Brown,  A. Klecha S. Klecha, C. Robertson, G. Nicholson, J. Priest, S. Maloney, L. Roast, K. Fisher, J. Ashurst,  R. Childs,K. Pearce, J. Pearce, M. Barnes, D. Smith

APOLOGIES:

K. Walsh

MATTERS ARISING:

Many thanks to Elaine for organising our quiz night and to Jackie for helping her, a good time was had by all, Winners were: Sheila, Clive, Alan and Chris.

ROSEDALE ROAD REPORT:

Thanks to George, Norman and Clive R for helping to tidy up the site – it was appreciated.

The plot holder of No.43 is to be asked if they wish to be moved, it is felt that the plot is almost unworkable owing to the brambles that grow through from the field.

Please leave scrap metal by the main gate ready for the next trip. Scrap money has paid for 3 lots of manure, and petrol money. There is a balance of £35.60 in the kitty.

More manure ordered.

BULL MEADOW REPORT:

Some work started on overgrown plot.

Large willow fell on access drive which Andrew dealt with – thanks go to Andrew.

MEMBERSHIP:

There are 6 names on the waiting list

TREASURER’S REPORT:

£4,833.03 balance.

Seed order raised £16.26 (Not everyone paid their extra £1) Come on own up!

Raffle raised £25(Well done Sheila)

It was agreed to donate £50 to Tyrells Hall for the use of the room.

Unwanted Xmas gifts would be appreciated to go in our raffle.

A.O.B:

A couple of folding tables are needed for our open days etc.

The Council turned up to cut the trees in the cemetery, took one look, decided that the trees were too big and left – watch this space.

Chadwell Allotment Association will be opening on Sunday 20TH January for seed potatoes, seeds, canes etc. £1 membership, you can save this on just one purchase.  Please support this voluntarily run organisation or we will lose it.

WORK PARTIES FOR BOTH SITES SUNDAY 17TH FEBRUARY 10 A.M. TO NOON – (tbc) ALL HELP APPRECIATED.  N.B. There was talk of bacon sarnies!

ATA are talking of having a Thurrock Allotment stall at the Orsett Show this year. Clive is going to ask Martin (from Smith’s Nursery) if he can come and give another talk in March. Thanks to all who attended and help build/feed the bonfire on bonfire night.

NEXT MEETING FRIDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 8 P.M TYRELLS HALL CLUB – ALL WELCOME.

Meeting – November 2018

MEETING NOVEMBER 2018

PRESENT:

S. Cheeseman, A. Collins, C. Collins, L. Dartnell, A. Osborn, D. Osborn, A. Gorringe, E. Stevens, A. Klecha, K. Walsh.

APOLOGIES:

E. Henry, J. Guerrero, C. Cheeseman.

MATTERS ARISING:

Gro-organic available £6 per bag, see Alan C,  or Clive R.

ROSEDALE ROAD REPORT:

Manure needed.

Plot Numbers need to be put up on plots.

Mosaic Homes builders have damaged a sewerpipe, hopefully this will not affect the site.

Alan thanked Kevin, Clive R, George and Norman for their help on site.

Two letters have been sent to members of un-worked plots – no response so far, they do risk eviction.

BULL MEADOW REPORT:

Manure on site.

Andrew to contact a plot holder regarding non cultivation.

TREASURE’S REPORT:

Balance £4845.22. 

Water paid – Rosedale £683.46, Bull Meadow £198.11.

Raffle raised £6 (thanks to Sheila)

A.O.B:

Next year members will be asked via minutes if they want a Kings Seed Catalogue, if we do not hear from them, it will be assumed the catalogue is not needed by them.

Well done to our competition winners: Sue Maloney – best above ground and Alan Collins – best below ground.

NEXT MEETING FRIDAY DECEMBER 7TH   8 p.m. TYRELLS HALL  WILL BE A QUIZ NIGHT. Members and families welcome, bring 1 horticultural question each and nibbles.

AGM Agenda – 2018

AGM AGENDA – 2018

 

Agenda

PRESENT

APOLOGIES

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

MATTERS ARISING

ROSEDALE ROAD REPORT

BULL MEADOW REPORT

TREASURER’S REPORT

Break/Raffle

USE OF WATER ON SITE

CHAIRMANS’S REPORT

ELECTION OF COMMITTEE

COST PER ROD/MEMBERSHIP

PLOT 4N

MOST IMPROVED PLOT AWARD

VEG. COMP. 1-3 FINEST ABOVE, 1-3 FINEST BELOW

 

Next  AGM  – FRIDAY 11TH OCTOBER 2019.

NB: NO OTHER BUSINESS WILL BE DISCUSSED AT THE AGM

AGM – 2017

AGM – 2017

 

Present:

Dartnell, M. Watts, S. Watts, G. Nicholson, C. Cheeseman, S. Cheeseman, A. Colllins, Collins, E. Stevens, M. Barnes, D. Smith, S. Maloney, L. Roast, B. Henry, E. Henry, Klecha, C.Robertson(first half) B. Rollings, S. Carter, A. Osborn, D. Osborn, J.Lane, Turnnidge, S. Turnnidge, C. Maloney.(second half)

 

Apologies:

J. Guerrero, M. Hughes, M. Kennedy, K. Walsh.

 

Matters Arising:

Trees in cemetery still need to be lopped. Andrew will contact Thurrock Council.

 

Rosedale Road Report:

All plots taken, waiting for manure delivery. Main gates will be closed while drive is repaired, date will be emailed to members. Machinery at Rosdale is available for members from both sites. Thanks to the members who helped at the work party.

 

Bull Meadow Report:

Plums were stolen when gate was left unlocked. Please make sure gate is locked at all times.

One plot neglected. Mower looks to be on its’ last legs. We may have to purchase a new one in the future.

 

Treasurer’s Report:

Balance £5477.12    (£50 peppercorn rent paid to Thurrock Council)

14 members paid online.  Raffle raised £18 (thanks Sheila & Clive)

It was agreed to purchase 12 fold up chairs.

 

Use of Water on Site:

Estimated costs = RR  £500,    BM  = £300 (Andrew will query BM invoice with Water Board.

PLEASE USE WATER WISELY, Wherever possible water before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m. If you have to water in the sun, best to use a watering can as spray can harm plants and cause leaf burn. Fill IBC’s with rain water.

 

CHAIRMANS REPORT 2017

It’s our 14th Association AGM as a self managed site. Welcome and thank you for attending tonight.

What a lovely early warm spring we had this year compared to last year’s wet and cold one. However the late frosts took their toll on the tree fruit blossom, our own Apple crop was very limited this year.

Since the last AGM we have held a Bonfire BBQ, Christmas Quiz, Summer BBQ and an NSALG open day.

Also Chris Collins our Secretary once again organised another successful day trip to the Canterbury Food & Drink Festival, where we were blessed with good weather, and I know a good time was had by all who went.

I would like to thank everyone who has attended these events, and I am sure you would like to once again show your appreciation for Chris for organising the Canterbury trip & all her work as secretary.

Martin Smith from Smith’s G/C also held his produce stalls again. In July we held our 1st stall and raised £120 our 2nd stall will be on Sunday 15th October between 10am-1pm hopefully we can match that figure. All your excess produce will be welcome at the stall (or contact Bev Rollings on G.T 408984).

I believe there will be another joint allotments stall at Christmas to raise money for charity. Produce especially Jam’s pickles, Relishes or chutneys will be gratefully received.

Our own NSALG Open day held at Rosedale Road site raised £220.

Once again thanks go to all whom provided produce & cakes, helped or attended.

A major step forward this year was the resolution of the Conifer hedge with Mosaic homes. With the hedge finally removed at their expense, hopefully we shall have no more issues with the site as it is due for redevelopment.

We had a particular eventful week in summer at Bull Meadow site this year, with a Sewage leak, water leak & the notice board damaged by a fallen tree. Thankfully after considerable work by the council’s contractors all have been remedied.

Unfortunately this year, George Stewart from Rosedale Rd site passed away. His body was interred in Scotland his native country.

Our thoughts once again go to his family.

I would like to thank both site managers Alan Collins (assisted by Clive Robertson and Tony Briggs at Rosedale Rd)  & Les Dartnell at Bull Meadow for all their hard work throughout the year, Our new Treasurer Elaine Stevens, Membership secretary  Sheila Cheeseman, seed secretary  Jane Priest & Auditor Craig Gibson, committee members Clive Cheeseman & Lorraine Roast, also Mark Kennedy for running our website, rrbm.co.uk.

Last year’s most improved plot was Nick Smith’s plot from Rosedale Road Site; who received a sack of Grow Organic, this year’s winner will be announced later.

This year we have a new Competition, along with some hand carved trophies which shall be engraved with the winners’ names for posterity to be returned at the next AGM.

Good luck & happy growing

Andrew Klecha (Chairman)

 

Election of Committee:

In the absence of any nominations, the existing committee agreed  to carry on.

 

Cost per rod:

It was agreed not to raise the cost per rod at this time

 

Most improved plot:

was awarded to John Wakeley, plot 48a Bull Meadow – well done.

 

Veg competition:

Best Above:       1st  – E. Stevens

Joint  2nd: C. Cheeseman, A. Collins, E. Henry

Best Below:        1st  S. Maloney,   2nd  G. Nicholson,  3rd  L. Dartnell.

Well done to all who entered.

 

NEXT AGM FRIDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2018 AT TYRELLS HALL 8 P.M.