ROSEDALE ROAD & BULL MEADOW ALLOTMENT ASSOCIATION
Meeting 13th September 2013.
- Klecha, S. Klecha, C. Collins, A. Collins M. Kennedy. T. Smith, K. Walsh, L. Roast, A. Craft, K. Craft, .B. Naish, C. Barker, G. Nicholson, N.Fielder, L.Dartnell, S. Wats, . . M. Watts, .K. Bacon, C. Cheeseman, S. Cheeseman.
Apologies: C. Robertson.
Andrew will contact tree surgeons again regarding trees Boscombe End. He will also contact the Council again rearding the trees in the cemetery.
Many thanks to Keith and Alan for their hard work arranging the BBQ. Good time had by all.
Thanks also go to everyone who baked cakes/supplied plants and helped at or first open day. Approximately £80 was raised for funds. We will make this an annual event.
Rosedale Road Report:
The mower is making life easier. No. Manure.
Tony Smith has a tow bar and is willing to collect manure for anyone who can supply a trailer. (With their help of course) WATER WILL BE TURNED OFF OCTOBER 1ST.
Bull Meadow Report:
Two locks have been stolen. PLEASE BE SURE TO LOCK THE GATE AT ALL TIMES. Suggestion: They are welded to chains. Alan will look into getting this done.
Balance £3686.93. Raffle raised £15.0
Water bill estimate £700-£800.
Some site ban hosepipes and use water storage tanks and watering cans. This may be the way forward – wait until the actual invoice is received and discuss this at the AGM.
A.J. Scaffolding Ltd will sell scaffold boards 13ft long to members. £6.00 each. Kate Craft is willing to act as co-ordinator . Anyone interested contact the secretary.
Lorraine knows of a wild life trust looking to re-home hedgehogs. She will contact them regarding the use of slug pellets on site if this happens. It was felt that some members would not be willing to use organic pellets.
- Watts offered to get her cub pack to make hedgehog houses.
The Outing to Brogdale on SATURDAY 19TH OCTOBER is fully booked.
We will be leaving the Oaks at 9.30 and leaving Brogdale at 4 p.m. Please be on time.
The next meeting will be the AGM. If anyone is interested in standing as a committee member, please contact the secretary. Asap.
Our lease to be signed with the Council/Land Registry will be discussed at the AGM.
Andrew will forward an e-mail received from ATA to members.
VEGGIE COMPETITION AT THE AGM IS:
Heaviest sprout and the 3 finest individual sprouts.
NEXT MEETING ::AGM ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 11th at Tyrells Hall 8 p.m
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE CUT OFF DATE FOR PAYING SUBS.
ANYONE PAYING AFTER THIS DATE WILL HAVE A £10 FINE ADDED TO THEIR INVOICE. If you cannot make the meeting you can pay Clive at 25 Maycroft.
Time to sow spring cabbage, over-wintering onions and garlic. Also broad beans (eg.Andaluce)