Meeting – May 2018




Dartnell, A. Collins, C. Collins, A. Klecha, K. Walsh, C. Cheeseman, S. Cheeseman, Kennedy, A. Osborn, D. Osborn, E. Stevens, J. Guerrero, M. Barnes.


L. Roast


Matters Arising:

A bottle of spirit has been purchased for truck driver who worked on Bull Meadow as agreed.


Rosedale Road Report:

Several plots overgrown emails sent, letters to be sent to 2 plot holders who did not respond to emails.  One plot is to be re-let. Chippings and manure needed.

Please leave any scrap metal in pen by manure at main gate.

If any member has a spare 10 minutes, weeds need to be pulled at Boscombe end, (too late for a work party as we are all busy on our own plots) it would be appreciated. Andy K will collect logs from Rosedale to put at sides of new road to try to prevent spreading.


Bull Meadow Report:

One plot is to be re-let. Pedestrian gate is easier now.

Visitor in a caravan gained entry by breaking lock on bar gate and then kindly left his rubbish, we are waiting for the Council to fix this (Andy has put a temporary lock on)

Our best wishes go to Trevor G for his speedy recovery. Alan is to meet with someone who will then let us know if it is possible to get a container on site. Andy K has obtained a petrol mower which Les will ask his brother in law to look at and get working.  Manure and chippings on site.


Treasurer’s Report: Raffle raised £10, Balance £4266.63. We are waiting for revised water bills for both sites as they both seemed excessive. (Thanks to Elaine for following this up)



Andy will try to get an IBC tank for Kevin W.

National Allotment week is 13-19th August, we hope to have our open day on Saturday 18th, this will be confirmed at the next meeting, Clive R will have flyers printed when the date is confirmed.

We will be entering both sites in the Thurrock in Bloom contest to support them. It would be appreciated if plots are cultivated and reasonably tidy (as stated in your agreements)

Inspections will be carried out as usual.

This year’s Canterbury Food Festival is Saturday 22nd September if anyone is interested in going, or if you have any other suggestions please let me know before the next meeting as it is the last one before September.